Ruby Rose, the “role model of the underdogs” as she likes to refer to herself, is always blowing our minds with her generous spirit, individuality and feistiness.
The breakout star of Orange Is The New Black has a powerful way with words and so here is a hand-picked selection of our favourite Ruby Rose quotes to inspire you, make you laugh and melt your heart.
- “Even before I knew what making a mark on the world meant, I knew I wanted to make a difference.” (The Daily Telegraph, 2015)
- “I feel like it’s just all in how I dress and how I talk, and how I look and feel, and that makes me happy.” (The Guardian, 2015)
- “You don’t wake up at 18 and necessarily become the person that you want to be as an adult – you have to work hard to become them.” (The Daily Telegraph, 2015)
- “The more people look up to me, the more important it is to be concise with what message I want to leave. That’s where I feel like I’m a role model. Maybe not for everyone, but for a lot of minorities, I am, and I kinda love that – the role model for the underdogs.” (The Daily Telegraph, 2015)
- “I love therapy. I swear by therapy. I couldn’t exist without therapy.” (Rolling Stone, 2015)
- “Only you know who you were born to be and you need to be free to be that person.” (Elle, 2015)
- “When I was young and getting bullied at school and really not feeling like I would amount to anything much and staying isolated, my mum used to say to me a lot about how you treat people and always having dignity and respect.” (Interview Magazine, 2015)
- “Never say no to anything, whatever the universe brings. I’ve always lived by that.” (Glamour, 2016)
- “I always keep in mind that what I do is going to influence other people. I want to make sure that the person they look up to is the same person that they looked up to in the beginning.” (Self.com, 2017)
- “There’s nothing more beautiful than seeing a woman stop another woman in the street to tell them they are beautiful.” (Brydie, 2015)
- “I like showing people that it’s within their rights to be different.” (MTV AU, 2015)
- “We all have the ability to love unconditionally and I worked out that the only way you can have a successful relationship is if you love unconditionally and take the risk.” (The Daily Telegraph, 2015)