Family Week is Family Equality Council’s largest annual event.
In its 19th year, this fun-filled week will include numerous opportunities to build community among attendees and to get empowered on the issues that face our communities today.
Family Week is Family Equality Council’s fun-filled week that will include numerous opportunities to build community among attendees and to get empowered on the issues that face our communities today. Family Week is held on iconic Cape Cod, in Provincetown, Massachusetts.
From sun-up to sundown, Family Week offers programming for your entire family. Each morning and afternoon is filled with programming for individual age groups, and each evening yields a signature Family Week event for all ages. Ask some Family Week veterans; Family Week really is for ALL families!
Family Equality and COLAGE are partnering once again to create an amazing week full of great conversations, dancing, games and so much more with LGBTQ parents, children, families, and friends that join us in Provincetown!
Family Equality Council is changing attitudes and policies to ensure all families are respected, loved, and celebrated - especially families with parents who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transgender.
We are empowering young people to speak out and share their stories in the name of family equality.
We are a community of parents and children, grandparents and grandchildren that reaches across this country. For 30 years we have raised our children and raised our voices toward fairness for all families.
WHY WE ARE NEEDED
· Parents who are LGBT care about the same things all parents do—hugs and homework, bedtime and bath time.
· These moms and dads want the same things for their children that all parents do—respect, protection, celebration, and a bright future.
· These moms and dads are raising their children to love their country, stand up for their friends, treat others the way they would like to be treated, and tell the truth.
· The truth is, society discriminates against these parents and their children based on their parents’ love for each other.
· Too often, the law treats these family members as strangers.
· Family Equality Council looks forward to a day when all families are valued for their commitment to each other.
BECAUSE OF OUR WORK:
· Moms and dads who are LGBT come together in a strong community that provides friendship, good advice, and support—just like any other community of parents.
· Children with parents who are LGBT can meet, play, and make friends with other children who have LGBT moms and dads.
· LGBT men and women can find information on starting a family, adopting, or becoming foster parents—and children can find forever families.
· More Americans know a family with parents who are LGBT — and realize how much we have in common.
· Children are safer from bullying.
· More schools, places of worship, hospitals and clinics, and government agencies treat families with parents who are LGBT the respect that all families deserve.
· The law more often recognizes all the moms and dads who have made the commitment to be parents.
· We are creating a world where all loving families are recognized, respected, protected, and celebrated.
Learn more and join us!
See website for details
We make every effort to ensure the accuracy of this information. However, you should always call ahead to confirm dates, times, location, and other information.