A Tribute to Bea Arthur
From a side character on the groundbreaking All in the Family, to starring in her own spinoff, to dishing on life and sex before there was Carrie Bradshaw, to the geeky cameos, TV star Bea Arthur left behind a great legacy. Her career spanned seven decades and included high-brow moments on Broadway and television, that stirred audiences and controversy. Yet Arthur was not above poking fun at herself, with cameo appearances on cartoons like Robot Chicken and Futurama. Her deadpan delivery, baritone voice and commanding personality will be missed. Here’s to honorary lesbian, Bea Arthur.
1. She was a straight ally was equally embraced by both gays and lesbians (we may not get the whole Barbara Streisand obsession, but we definitely get the appeal of Bea).
2. She was a feminist trailblazer.
3. She was the Femputer, Queen of the planet Amazonia.
4. She was hilarious and not afraid to be bawdy.
|Roast of Pamela Anderson|
|Bea Arthur Uncensored|
5. She was an animal rights activist.
Honorable Mention (because we just couldn’t resist).
6. She was in the Star Wars Christmas Special.